How do I file for support?

There are several options to file for support. It is not necessary to appear at the Domestic Relations office to request support. 

 A support request can be filed online. Use the link provided and click on “Request Support Services”. If you do not have an account, you will need to click on “Register Now” to complete your request. Go directly to the Child Support Website here - Pennsylvania Child Support Program (

 If you are unable to file for support online, contact the Domestic Relations Section at 724-228-6756 during normal business hours (M – F 8 AM – 4 PM) to discuss other options. You can receive paperwork by mail or email. Blank forms for petitions are available in our lobby. And, if necessary, you can schedule an appointment to appear at our office to file for support.  

 The information below should be provided for all persons (including children) when submitting a request for support. It is helpful to have this information available before starting a support request online, completing paperwork sent from our office or appearing for a scheduled intake appointment. Additional information may be needed if your request for support will be filed to another state.

  • Names
  • Dates of Birth
  • Social security Numbers
  • Addresses
  • Place of employment
  • Medical Insurance Information


Show All Answers

1. What is support and who may receive it?
2. How do I file for support?
3. What if there is a Protection From Abuse order against the person from whom I am seeking support?
4. How is the support amount determined?
5. How paternity is established and why is it important?
6. What must I do if I receive an Order to appear for a support conference or hearing?
7. Where do I go for support conferences or hearings?
8. Do I have to appear for my support hearing if I live outside of Washington County, Pennsylvania?
9. What are the rules to participate by phone and how do I request to do this?
10. What will happen if I don’t appear for a conference or hearing before the Court?
11. What happens at a support conference?
12. What happens at a support hearing?
13. How do I file exceptions?
14. What are my obligations if I receive public assistance benefits?
15. What are my obligations while I have an active support case?
16. How do I change my support order?
17. What do I do if I am paying spousal support and a divorce is granted?
18. What do I do if one of the children who I pay support for turns 18 and graduates high school?
19. What is PACSES?
20. How do I pay my support?
21. What do I do if I cannot pay my support?
22. What type of enforcement actions may be taken if I don't pay my support?
23. What if my driver's license is suspended for failure to pay support?
24. What is SCDU and how do I obtain information concerning payments?
25. How do I collect unreimbursed medical expenses under my order of support?
26. What is the PACSES IVR and how do I use it?