How do I find a Constable?

Constables are enlisted by the Magisterial District Judge to serve process in their office – they are not employees of the Magisterial District Judge, nor are they employees of the Court. Constables are elected officials, and their deputies are employed by them.

Constables are certified by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency. A listing of constables can also be found in the Clerk of Court's Office, located on the first floor of the Washington County Courthouse.

Show All Answers

1. What if I want my hearing before a different Magisterial District Judge?
2. What do I do if I have a complaint about a Magisterial District Judge?
3. I have legal questions regarding my case and/or appeal, and no one in the Magisterial District Court will help me. What do I do?
4. How do I file a private criminal complaint?
5. How do I find a Constable?