Motions Court Practice
- Motions Court is held on Tuesday and Wednesday at 9:15 a.m.
- Motions Court is held in person at:
Washington County Courthouse
1 S Main Street
Washington, PA 15301
- Please read Judge Pettit’s Standard Operating Procedures (PDF) for further instructions regarding the presentation of motions and general courtroom procedure.
- The moving party shall list the motion on the sign-up sheet outside Judge Pettit's Office and provide Judge Pettit's Office with a copy of the motion to be presented by noon (12:00 p.m.) on the Friday before the scheduled Tuesday presentation date or by noon (12:00 p.m.) on the Monday before the scheduled Wednesday presentation date.
Motions Court News
- Judge Jesse D. Pettit will not be holding family court motions court on the following dates:
- February 22, 2023 (Judge Pettit will hear all motions for that week on February 21, 2023)
- March 1, 2023 (Judge Pettit will hear all motions for that week on February 28, 2023)
- March 14, 2023
Judge Pettit presides over the following:
- Family Law - Custody, Divorce, and Support Actions
- Protection from Abuse Act Actions (Temporary and Final)
- Back-up for Juvenile Dependency