- Adult Probation
- Washington County Booking Center
Washington County Booking Center
The Washington County Booking Center opened in April 2008 and booked over 1,200 offenders on probation supervision within the first eight months. Initially, the fingerprint orders included retail theft, driving under the influence and homicide by vehicle. In June 2011, the Booking Center expanded to include protection from abuse violators, and all assaults and sexual assault offenders. On January 1, 2012, the Booking Center expanded operations to begin processing offenders charged with a drug offense.
On July 1, 2012 the Booking Center began processing all Misdemeanor and Felony offenses including:
- All Crimes under Title 18 - Crimes Code
- Driving Under the Influence (DUIs) and Homicide by Vehicle (DUI Related)
- Drug Offenses
- Indirect Criminal Contempt’s from PFAs
- Retail Thefts
Sex Offender Registration & Notification Act
The Booking Center is also responsible registering and updating Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA) information. SORNA is Title I of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-248). SORNA provides a comprehensive set of minimum standards for sex offender registration and notification in the United States. SORNA aims to close potential gaps and loopholes that existed under prior law and generally strengthens the nationwide network of sex offender registration and notification programs.
The twin goals of the Booking Center are:
- To ensure the accurate and timely reporting of criminal history record information. Equipment in the Booking Center permits the positive identification of offenders by their fingerprints and the updating of their criminal histories within minutes.
- To efficiently process offenders charged with criminal actions with the intent to return officers to their communities as quickly as possible
The vision for the Washington County Booking Center is to confirm notification to offenders of fingerprint orders and to process offenders in an accurate and efficient manner. Assist the DUI coordinator with executing the Washington County DUI program.
The Washington County Booking Center is a facility to efficiently and effectively process and identify offenders arrested, charged, or accused of a crime with the intent to return Law Enforcement officers to their communities, as quickly as possible. The Booking Center also accurately and timely processes offenders not in custody and treats all with dignity and respect. It ensures the accurate and timely reporting of criminal history record information. Equipment in the Booking Center permits the positive identification of offenders by their fingerprints and the updating of their criminal histories within minutes. Finally, the Booking Center schedules DUI offenders for their Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition evaluations and classes and conducts a thorough Court Reporting Network (CRN) evaluation for DUI offenders.
The DUI coordinator is the Adult Probation Office Chief, Jon Ridge. The Booking Center personnel schedule and conduct the Court Reporting Network (CRN) Evaluations as part of the DUI program. DUI offenders will also schedule the Alcohol Highway Safety School and Drug and Alcohol Assessments (if required) through the Booking Center after completing their CRN evaluation.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m
Tuesday and Thursday
8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Appointments are available for fingerprinting but not necessary.
Report to the Booking Center
You must bring the following with you when reporting to the Booking Center:
- All paperwork issued by the Magisterial District Judge
- Valid Photo identification
Family Court Center
29 W Cherry Avenue
Washington, PA 15301
Fees for Fingerprinting
- Fingerprinting for adoption: Free
- Fingerprinting for employment: $20
Fingerprinting for Employment
Fingerprinting for employment processing has a $20 fee. Payment receipt must be provided to Booking Officer prior to processing. The fee is to be paid in the Washington County Treasurer’s Office located at Courthouse Square:
100 W Beau Street
Washington, PA 15301
Program & Evaluation Fees
DUI program CRN evaluation and AHSS classes will be paid at the Booking Center with Cash, Credit/Debit Card or Money Order made out to Washington County.
View the following fees:
- Alcohol Highway Safety School (AHSS) Class: $300
- Combine CRN and AHSS: $375
- Court Reporting Network (CRN) Evaluation: $100
- Missed CRN or AHSS Evaluation: Additional $30 to total