Notice to Jurors:If you have been summoned, please know that the Court of Common Pleas is following all applicable Center for Disease Control and the Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines to ensure the safety of all jurors who are to report for service.These safety measures include:
- We are practicing social distancing in all areas of the Courthouse, including the jury lounge, courtrooms, using elevators, and moving around the facility.
- Face masks are recommended but not mandatory.
- There are hand sanitizing and wipe stations located throughout the Courthouse.
- We offer a shuttle from the Crossroads parking garage to the Courthouse. You can inquire about this service with the Jury Clerk prior to reporting for your jury service.
- Staff are instructed to stay home if they exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms.
- While we understand the public concerns during this unprecedented time, the Court also has a duty to protect the rights of all citizens of the Commonwealth, which includes the right to a fair and impartial trial by jury.Jurors play an essential role in securing that right.If you have any questions, please contact the Jury Clerk at 724-228-6974 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each month prospective jurors are summoned at the direction of the President Judge and the Court Administrator. Jurors are summoned for regular and special trial terms for both civil and criminal cases.
- How was I chosen for Jury Duty?
- How often may I serve Jury Duty?
- I recently served on jury duty. Do I have to serve again?
- Is there an age limit for Jury Duty?
- I'm not a Washington County resident. Am I still eligible to serve?
- I am a full-time student and unable to miss classes. Will I still have to serve?
- I take medication and/or have medical problems. Do I still have to serve?
- I am on active duty in the military. How can I be excused?
- My employer said it will create a hardship for them if I serve on Jury Duty. Is my job protected in any way?
- My employer does not pay me while serving on jury duty. Do I still have to serve?
- I requested an excusal but haven't heard anything. What should I do?
- Will I be paid for jury service? If so, when will I receive payment?
- I haven't lived in Washington County for quite some time. Why did I get a jury summons?
- I've been selected for jury duty and would like to serve, but I'm disabled and require special assistance. What should I do?