Probation Services - Juvenile Probation - LEADER Program
Leadership Enhanced Attitude Development Educational Rehabilitation
"Attitude is Everything"
LEADER develops youth, self-esteem, social skills, independent living skills and improves academic/classroom skills through positive leadership traits. LEADER deters youth from delinquent activity within the community, reduces placement cost and returns the youth to the community a productive measure.
The responsibility of the LEADER Program is to deliver impartial, equal, and fair treatment to the offender and broaden the program's responsibilities to include providing balanced attention and services to the victim and the communities of Washington County. The focus of the Washington County BARJ initiative is to expand the parameters of justice. The LEADER program and principles will be implemented in compliance with the spirit and intent of the Balance And Restorative Justice mission.
- Provides the Court with a cost effective community based alternative to residential placement.
- Allows juvenile offenders to remain at home and within their County while receiving a (90) ninety day court ordered consequence.
- Can provide 24 hour electronic monitoring of juvenile offenders.
- Accepts youth ages 10-20 (boys & girls) referred by the Juvenile Probation Officers.
- Program accepts youth from: All Washington County School Districts.
- Individual program objectives established for each juvenile offender.
- The length of time the youth remains in the program is dependent upon the attitude and accomplishment of objectives (90 days).
- The program requires the youth to meet Mondays through Fridays 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm while school is in session. Summer months Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- LEADER is a physically and mentally challenging program combining health and wellness with a variety of competency building components that are derived from evidence based practices.