Probation Services - Adult Probation - Mission Statement
“Liberates per Terminus” (Freedom with Conditions)
We are a public safety department that provides service to the community by:
• Supervising and holding offenders sentenced through the Washington County Court of Common Pleas accountable by enforcing court orders and conditions of probation and parole.
• Always striving to reduce criminal activity in our community and provide a safer place for our citizens to live.
• Demanding that offenders lead a lawful lifestyle, and attempting to change the offender’s long-term behavior following the completion of their sentence and their rehabilitation.
• Always serving the public with integrity and through the pursuit of justice within the confines of the law and the Constitutions of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• That community protection can best be achieved through highly motivated and trained professionals whose sole responsibility is to maintain the principles of justice and the laws of the Commonwealth.
• That our probation/parole officers and support staff are the most vital component for accomplishing the mission of the department. We are committed to providing the best equipment, training, education, and guidance in order to ensure their safety and the public’s safety in the performance of their duties.